Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A lesson to remember

Our lecturer showed us a video during e-learning today.

It's like Just For Laugh, where people will stage up an act and see how the others will respond. The only different thing is... in this video, it was not anything funny. Instead, it was serious thing like whether the passerby will step in to help when they witness a guy trying to drag a small little girl away.

So this was how it went in the video... EDITED**

I've managed to find the video! So have a look at it ba =)



A small little girl was standing at some busy area alone, waiting for somebody else i guess. This guy comes to the little girl and attempt to drag her away. The small girl scream: "Somebody HELP! I don't know this guy. Help!"

There were quite a few passers-by who turned their head over when they heard the little girl scream. But they did nothing to stop and just continued with whatever they did. It went that way for the next 3-5 groups of people... I felt kinda sad after watching that video actually... (That people just tend to watch but not do anything...) The last group featured in the video was the only group that stepped in to help the small little girl. it was really comforting...yet horrifying to know that there's so many people out there that will not do anything to help her.

This reminds me of the petty crime that I witness in Stockholm. A guy grabbed the purse of a lady and dash into the leaving train that we were in. We did not know what happened, and even thought that it was a quarrel between a couple, and only realised that he was a pickpocket when he started counting his stolen money and dropped some. There were many people on the train with us and none of us did anything. Kinda sad huh? Looking back...I really wished that I've done something to stop him. And i'll make sure i'll do something the next time I see such things again.

No comments: